PSERC publishes white papers to provide research and education perspectives on important issues facing the electric power industry, customers, and policy-makers.
- A Grand Challenge for the Future Grid
October 2014 [PDF 340K]
- Challenges in Integrating Renewable Technologies into an Electric Power System
- U.S. Energy Infrastructure Investment: Large-Scale Integrated Smart Grid Solutions with High Penetration of Renewable Resources, Dispersed Generation, and Customer Participation
- U.S. Energy Infrastructure Investment: Long-Term Strategic Planning to Inform Policy Development
- The Electric Power Industry and Climate Change: Power Systems Research Possibilities
Periodically, PSERC has conducted Executive Forums on important topics to the electric power industry. The following synopses are available.
- Executive Forum on Solutions to Transmission Investment: Participant Ideas on Challenges, Solutions, and Steps to Improving and Expanding the Electric Transmission Grid (April 21, 2006, in Chicago, IL)
May 2006 [PDF 170K]
- Executive Forum on Planning, Markets and Investment in the Electric Supply Industry (March 7, 2008 in New York City, NY)
June 2009 [PDF 96K]
- Executive Forum on Cyber and Physical Infrastructure for the Future Grid (May 4-5, 2015 in Arlington, VA)
October 2015 [PDF 500K]
PSERC is working with the Power and Energy Engineering Workforce Collaborative of the IEEE Power & Energy Society to enhance and sustain the education system to produce enough well-qualified engineers to meet the future job requirements of the next generation electric energy system. PSERC members contributed to the creation of this 2009 report:
- Preparing the U.S. Foundation for Future Electric Energy Systems: A Strong Power and Energy Engineering Workforce