The PSERC Director is Dr. Kory Hedman. He is responsible for overseeing all affairs of PSERC from the lead university, Arizona State.
The Executive Committee (EC) is comprised of the Site Directors of the Member universities and works with the Director to provide guidance on strategy, policies, and procedures for PSERC. The EC members also ensure compliance and maintain efficient day-to-day operations at the university sites.
The Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) is comprised of one official liaison from each industrial member. The IAB primary responsibilities is to recommend and, when appropriate, set policy with respect to the Center’s focus and direction. The IAB meets at least twice per year.
The research areas of PSERC are managed by the Stem Committees comprised of university researchers and industrial representatives. The Stem Committees assist the Executive Committee in new project formulation and in project funding recommendations. The Stem Committees coordinate industry input in developing research plans, defining research areas of interest, preparing research project solicitations and reviewing proposed projects.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Each of the members universities appoints a Site Director as a representative and a liaison to their local faculty, staff, and administration. The Site Directors comprise PSERC’s Executive Committee.
Below is a listing of PSERC member universities and their respective Site Directors:
- Arizona State: Dr. Kory Hedman
- Berkeley: Dr. Shmuel Oren
- Colorado School of Mines: Dr. Alexandra Newman
- Cornell: Dr.Lang Tong
- Georgia Tech: Dr. A.P. Sakis Meliopoulos
- Howard University: Dr. James Momoh
- Illinois: Dr. Alejandro Dominguez-Garcia
- Iowa State: Dr. Venkataramana Ajjarapu
- Michigan Tech University: Dr. Chee-Wooi Ten
- Texas A&M: Dr. Mladen Kezunovic
- Washington State: Dr. Anjan Bose
- Wichita State: Dr. Chengzong Pang
- Wisconsin: Dr. Bernard Lesieutre
Industry Advisory Board
The Industry Advisory Board provides the critical linkage between industrial members and PSERC. The Board works with the universities to identify research and education opportunities, reviews and recommends projects, and works with the Director and Executive Committee to address PSERC business and policy matters.
The current IAB Board officers are:
- Tongxin Zheng, ISO-NE, Chair
- Bo Gong, SRP, Vice-Chair
The Industry Advisory Board meets twice annually. At the meetings, industrial members conduct Board business, meet researchers and students from the member universities, hear progress reports on research projects and proposals for new projects, and engage in current issue discussions with researchers and other industry members.
Research Stem Committees
Each research stem has a committee that organizes its research activities. Industrial members join researchers as stem committee members to set research directions, organize projects, and facilitate high-quality research. The current stem committee chairs are:
- Markets Stem:
- Kory Hedman, Arizona State University, Chair
- Tongxin Zheng, ISO-NE, Vice-Chair
- Systems Stem:
- V. Ajjarapu, Iowa State University, Chair
- Bo Gong, SRP, Vice-Chair
- Transmission and Distribution Technologies Stem:
- Sakis Meliopoulos, Georgia Tech, Chair
- Kurt LaFrance, CMS, Vice-Chair
- Business Operations Specialist: Taylor Leavitt, Arizona State University